Lab & Measurement Technician
· Operate Micro Gas Chromatograph, report results, update field equipment, maintain schedules, and email electronic files daily.
· Install, inspect, test, adjust, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, measurement equipment, and gas quality equipment.
· Understand an analysis including the separation and the quantification of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane through hexane (c6+) plus hydrocarbons, and detect any measurement errors that result in incorrect data.
· Interpret, understand, and apply electrical, electronic, and piping schematics and drawings pertaining to Electronic Flow Measurement devices and gas measurement instruments.
· Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities of customer’s and company’s equipment as needed.
· Identify, report, and address safety and environmental concerns.
· Complete documentation and paperwork required.
· Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory tariff requirements.
· Work performance which strives for operational excellence focusing on safety, compliance, efficiency, environmental awareness and superb technical skills.
· Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and with minimal direct supervision.
· Must be available for and provide emergency response after regular business hours which may require carrying a personal communication device.
Prefer someone with an Associates Degree in Applied Sciences, two year technical school degree, or equivalent training skills or 2 years experience in the gas & oil field.
· Intermediate computer skills (Working knowledge of MS Office software working with excel, and access)
· Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals.
· Working knowledge of AGA gas measurement standards and basic gas laws. Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be focused on customer service, support, and cooperation.
· Able to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document and complete work assignments to stay on schedule and meet regulatory, tariff, and contractual schedules with minimal supervision.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
· Ability to work with-in a team, take work direction from supervisor(s), meet required job schedules, focus attention to accuracy and details, and follow work rules.
· Required to carry a company provided cell phone during work hours and be available to respond during non-working hours.
· Proficient with the application and use of electronic test instruments.
· Experience and proficiency with the operation, maintenance, calibration and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic field devices used in gas measurement and control.
· Knowledge and experience in the operation, maintenance, and calibration of electronic flow measurement devices.
· Knowledge and experience in safe operating practices for operating and handling flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure gas systems and facilities.
· Some travel is required and anticipated inside and occasionally outside of the assigned work area.
· Knowledge in orifice meters, Agilent (MTI) gas chromatographs, , ABB Total, and Fisher ROC electronic flow control devices, and both electronic and pneumatic testing calibration equipment such as Ashcroft & Crystal pressure calibrators
Ability to mentor and train less experienced company personnel.Contact Information Contact: Joseph or Dee Graves
Job Reference #: Hugoton Area 100712
For a job application click on Application Tab
|Please, keep in touch!|